WELCOME TO THE LCHS ONLINE RESOURCE CENTRE
- The LCHS learning commons provides access to a variety of educational electronic and physical resources in order to promote student achievement.
- Through the cultivation of partnerships with staff, collection development, and extension of library services through technology, the informational needs of the school can be fulfilled.
- To access LCHS library materials, visit the catalog or click the Destiny Library Manager icon.
LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the LCHS library is to provide access to informational and educational resources that support the curriculum, develop the love of reading and life-long learning, and extend the provided services through the use of technology and collaboration with staff and students.
Specific Goals and Objectives:
- Provide intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- Educate students on the organization, utility, and function of library systems
- Understand the learning needs of its users (i.e. students; staff)
- Stimulate learning experiences which encourage students to become critical thinkers
- Demonstrate the necessary tools to research and promote the discovery of scholarly resources
- Enrich the school community through partnerships with educators in order to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students
- Offer services that reflect the use of technology and new knowledge
- Create an hospitable physical and virtual environment for researching, studying, and teaching
LCHS LIBRARY STAFF
Mrs. Bandura - Library Technician
- Provides knowledge on the classification and cataloguing of all LCHS learning resources
- Creates the electronic records for the resources available to LCHS staff and students
- Assists with circulation, programs, purchases, and promotion of library services